What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
- Cardiac Rehabilitation is a professionally supervised program to help people recover from heart attacks, heart surgery, and percutaneous coronary intervention procedures such as stenting and angioplasty.
What to expect in a Cardiac Rehab Program?
- To have a one-on-one exercise program with a Medical Professional. We offer classes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Time will be decided per patient schedule. The program may vary from six (6) weeks or longer to an average of three (3) months depending on the treatment plan.
What are the benefits of attending a Cardiac Rehab Program?
- Regular physical activity
- Counseling and education which can help you with diet, smoking, weight loss and blood pressure
- Supervision during exercise
How can I find out about programs in the community?
- Doctor may refer you to a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program or ask your doctor if you will qualify for a Cardiac Rehab Program.