Clinical Laboratory Hours:
Monday thru Friday, 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday, 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
After Hours: By Appointment Only
Hospital Line: (308) 262-1616 Ext 237
Direct Line: (308) 262-1328
Fax: (308) 262-1210
The blood utilized by MCCH is supplied through Western Nebraska Blood Services from Scottsbluff, NE. Community blood drives are conducted on a regular basis. Donating blood is a simple, safe and easy way to save lives. To donate, you must be healthy, between the ages of 17 and 85 and meet a few other basic requirements. Your safety and the safety of those who receive your blood is always a priority. To donate or find out more call (308) 761-3407 or visit www.rwmc.net/west-nebraska-blood-center
CLINICAL LABORATORY DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Laboratory Department at Morrill County Community Hospital offers a comprehensive menu of clinical laboratory testing and a professional, caring staff. By utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, our highly skilled, competent and certified staff is able to provide testing and timely information to aid physicians in the diagnosis, treatment and detection of disease. We take pride in our superior quality and excellent service. The Clinical Laboratory Department is accredited by COLA; the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA); and a recognized Sentinel Laboratory by the Nebraska Public Health Laboratory.
The MCCH Clinical Laboratory provides outpatient and in-patient laboratory services, emergency services, health fair blood draws, paternity collections, employer requested drug and alcohol collections.
Clinical Laboratory Disciplines include:
- Routine & Special Chemistry
- Hematology & Coagulation
- Microbiology (Bacteriology, Parasitology & Virology)
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Transfusion Services (Blood Administration Only)
- Covid-19 Testing (Active Infection Test & Immune Response Test)
Elective Laboratory Draws, Health Fairs and Employer Requested Drug & Alcohol Collections are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments take priority.
To avoid delays, please have the following:
- Schedule your Laboratory appointment, please call 308-262-1616 ext 237 or 308-262-1328.
- Arrive at your specified time slot.
- Wear a face mask or coverings (bandanas or homemade masks).
- We are requesting for you to come by yourself or with just one (1) person if you need some help.
- Your Doctor's order with diagnosis.
- Your insurance card, Driver's License and/or State Identification Card.
- Your employer’s order with the Alcohol Testing Form, Chain of Custody Form, Collection Kit and Airway Bill (Applicable for employer requested drug and alcohol collections only).
- Patients should be fasting 12-14 hours for lipid profile testing. If fasting is required we encourage you to drink water to avoid dehydration. (No other beverage is permitted.) Consult your provider in regards to continuing with your current medicines. Diabetics should consult their medical provider before fasting.
Please contact Rex Famitangco, MS, MASCP, MLS(ASCP)cm, QLC cm, Laboratory Administrative Director, at (308) 262-1616 Ext 275 or via email ([email protected]) if you have questions.